Friday 3 April 2015

DETOX WEEK - DAY 6

It has been a very active active day. I had so many things to do, that I did not have time to think. I am full of energy. I am completely got used to my diet - however I find it a bit boring. Yoghurt is twice on the menu today, let's see why.








Why is yoghurt so important?


If you buy always flavoured yoghurt, you have no idea, how good is natural yoghurt can be. This is one of the best in the world, anyway it is in the top 5 on my list.

Most of the people think, yoghurt is sour, that's why it needs some added sweetness. I love the natural sweetness of natural live yoghurt. Of course it is depend on the quality of yoghurt. If you are a bit confused which yoghurt to choose I recommend to narrow down your candidates to natural and pro biotic and organic yoghurt.You will see: not too many option left.
If you really need some flavouring I recommend to make your own flavoured yoghurt adding a handful of fresh chopped fruit, one teaspoon low-sugar home made jam or syrup - like this elderberry syrup.


Since I realised how important the role of yoghurt is in a weight loss diet, I try to eat yoghurt at least 4-6 times a week.

Why is yoghurt so good for you?


Let's be exact: I am talking about organic natural live yoghurt. No flavoured, no low-fat, no added guar gum or sugar.
ORGANIC PRO BIOTIC NATURAL LIVE YOGHURT.

The best things about yoghurt:
- high in protein
- high in calcium - which is good for healthy bones and aid weight loss
- contains other important nutrients like vitamin B-s, potassium and magnesium
- containing probiotics, helps to maintain the healthy bacteria flora of the gut
- it boosts the immune system
- helps us feel fuller for longer - again a good point in weight loss diet

So why is yoghurt so important in a detox diet?
Because it helps the cleaning process by restoring the healthy balance of good bacteria in our gut and also it provides protein in a no-meat diet.


Detox week - day 6 report

Today is a bit easier again, I was allowed to eat even some cheese too. Tomorrow - as it will be the last day of my detox week. protein come back into my diet in the form of boiled eggs.

Breakfast: again two wholemeal toasts with yoghurt.
Snack: fresh fruit (apple, kiwi and grapefruit)
Lunch: Green salad (ice salad, red pepper, carrot, spring onion, cucumber, tomato) with one boiled potato and herbal tea 



Snack: yoghurt with granola - well, it should have been muesli, but I had only granola, so I made a swap.


Dinner: one apple, one wholemeal bread and one slice of low-fat cheese, herbal tea.

Tomorrow will be the last day of detox week, I cannot wait to eat cooked food again. Actually I feel a bit excluded at the dinner table, I cook the family meals, but I have no idea how they taste... a strange feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment